Rohil Jethmalani, Content Creator on Trell, and Yoga Instructor share 5 asanas that can help us balance our hormones so that we feel stronger and happier.
Yoga is a great way to balance our hormones. This is achieved by primarily working on the nervous system, which in turn affects the endocrine system. With our modern lifestyles full of stress, our nervous system is constantly on high alert. This suppresses the production of many hormones that are essential to the healthy functioning of many physiological
Urdhva Mukha Shvanasana (Upward-Facing Dog)
This is a great pose to strengthen the back as well as balance the adrenal glands, which produce the stress hormone cortisol.
How to Do:
- Only hands and front of legs on the mat
- Thighs engaged
- Hands straight
- Shoulders away from the ears
- Gazing up at the ceiling/ sky
Baddha Konasana: (Butterfly)
This is a great pose to balance the reproductive hormones (testosterone, estrogen)
How to do:
- Soles of feet together
- Heels as close to the hips as possible
- Open the inner sides of the feet like a book
- Try to bring the knees down to the ground
Parivritta Janu Sirsasana
This pose helps relax the nervous system and helps regulate the hormones oxytocin and dopamine.
How to do:
- Keep right foot on the inner left thigh
- Try to hold the outside of the left foot with the right hand (modify by just keeping the right hand straight overhead if you cannot reach the foot).
- Left hand on the right knee
- Open chest towards sky/ ceiling
This pose helps stimulate our digestion and regulate the Thyroid hormones that are crucial to fast and healthy metabolism.
- Bend left foot, bringing the left heel close to the hip
- Right leg straight
- Bringing the right hand outside the left thigh
- If possible, bind, otherwise simply leave the right palm pointing up and twist
Full details at the link below:
Source URL: india.com
Kamadhoo Island one of the best yoga destinations in the Maldives has the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation, yoga practice, and beach naps. You will practice on the beach, swim in a natural pool alongside turtles, watch dolphins dance to the setting sun, and make lifelong friendships. Explore the house reef during your free time, or finally read that book under a palm tree next to warm turquoise waters. Kamadhoo Island offer you the opportunity to take control over your health and well-being while being fully immersed in nature and the local culture. – Maldives Yoga Retreat